NOTICE OF 41ST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) OF THE SINGAPORE NATIONAL EMPLOYERS FEDERATION (SNEF)
1. In accordance with Article 13(b) of the Rules of SNEF, I am pleased to inform you that the 41st AGM of SNEF will be held on Monday, 27 September 2021, 4.30pm.
Agenda of AGM
2. The agenda for the AGM is as follows:
i. To approve the Minutes of the 40th Annual General Meeting
ii. To adopt the Annual Report for the year 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
iii. To adopt the Audited Accounts for the year 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
iv. To adopt the Annual Returns for the year 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, filed / to be filed with the Registrar (Submission of Membership Information and Audited Accounts to MOM)
v. To elect Auditors (Deloitte & Touche LLP) to hold office until the 42nd Annual General Meeting
vi. Any Other Business
Participation in AGM
3. Due to COVID-19 and pursuant to the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings for Trade Unions) (Amendments) Order 2021 which is valid until they are revoked or amended by the Ministry of Law, the 41st AGM of SNEF will be held by electronic means, and the following arrangement will be adopted for the AGM:
i. Nominees1 will not be able to attend the AGM in person;
ii. Questions pertaining to the Agenda in this Notice of AGM should be submitted through email to email@example.com by Friday, 17 Sep 2021. Responses to substantial and relevant questions will be read out at the AGM;
iii. Nominees may participate in the AGM by:
Options to Participate in AGM
A) Observe and listen to the proceedings via live audio-visual broadcast;
• Please register online here to attend the live audio-visual broadcast of the proceedings by Friday, 17 Sep 2021, 5.00pm.
• The live audio-visual broadcast may be accessed by a weblink which will be provided upon registration.
B) Appoint the Chairman of the meeting as a proxy to attend, speak and vote at the AGM.
• Nominees may only vote by appointing the Chairman of the Meeting as a proxy by submitting the Proxy Form (download here) to SNEF by Friday, 17 Sep 2021, 5.00pm.
• Please note that only nominees who are registered with SNEF by full members are eligible to appoint a proxy.
• Nominees will be deemed present, for the purpose of determining quorum, if nominees appoint the Chairman as proxy to attend, speak and vote.
Documents and Information on AGM
4. The documents and information available on SNEF’s webpage (https://snef.org.sg/SNEFAGM2021/) are as follows:
i. Notice of AGM
ii. Annual Report for FY2020/2021 (available after 27 Sep 2021, 5.30pm)
iii. Proxy Form
iv. Guidance on The COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings for Trade Unions) (Amendments) Order 2021
1 The nominee is a person who is registered with the Federation to represent and vote on its company’s behalf in all matters relating to the Federation.