HomeSingapore National Employers Federation and the National Centre of Excellence for Workplace Learning, led by Nanyang Polytechnic, renews commitment to foster a sustainable workplace learning culture in Singapore
Singapore National Employers Federation and the National Centre of Excellence for Workplace Learning, led by Nanyang Polytechnic, renews commitment to foster a sustainable workplace learning culture in Singapore
10 Jul 2023
- The Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) and the National Centre of Excellence for Workplace Learning (NACE), led by Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP), inked a second Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), deepening the shared commitment to empowering more organisations in Singapore to embark on their workplace learning journey.
- The MOU was signed on 26 Jun 2023, by the Executive Director of SNEF, Mr Sim Gim Guan, and the Principal & Chief Executive Officer of NYP, Mr Russell Chan, at a physical signing ceremony held at SNEF.
- The new MOU reaffirms both partners’ commitment to cultivate a sustainable workplace learning culture in Singapore. Over the course of the three-year partnership, SNEF and NACE, led by NYP, will jointly conduct workplace learning programmes, provide consultancy services in On-the-Job Training (OJT) Blueprint development and co-organise outreach events and seminars to share more about the value and benefits of workplace learning.
- Commenting on the MOU signing, Mr Sim Gim Guan said, “Under the previous MOU, SNEF and NACE led by NYP had conducted nine workshops and trained close to 200 participants in workplace learning programmes. The new MOU aims to further drive workplace learning, and help employers gain further insights and adopt best practices on fostering a sustainable learning culture.”
- Mr Russell Chan, said, “Workplace learning is an essential component to help workers deepen their skills mastery and grow on the job. Through this renewed partnership with SNEF, we hope to encourage more companies to kickstart their workplace learning practices to build resilient and future-ready teams.”
- Following the signing of the MOU, SNEF, and NACE led by NYP, also co-hosted a webinar where more than 100 like-minded participants learnt more about good workplace learning practices and national certification initiatives. The webinar also included a bite-size learning session on OJT and Coaching at the workplace.
About Singapore National Employers Federation
The Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) is a trade union of employers. Our mission is to advance tripartism and enhance labour market flexibility to enable employers to implement responsible employment practices for sustainable growth. SNEF has a membership of over 3,400 companies with a combined workforce of over 800,000. For more information, please visit www.snef.org.sg
About Nanyang Polytechnic
Established as an institution of higher learning in 1992, Nanyang Polytechnic’s (NYP) academic schools offer quality education and training through 40 full-time diploma courses and common entry programmes. NYP also has a full suite of Continuing Education and Training (CET) options for lifelong learning, ranging from specialist and advanced diplomas to SkillsFuture-supported modules and courses. NYP’s Asian Culinary Institute Singapore and the Singapore Institute of Retail Studies are CET institutes set up in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) to champion and transform Singapore’s F&B and retail sectors, respectively. A third NYP CET institute – the National Centre of Excellence for Workplace Learning – also set up in collaboration with SSG, will spearhead the development of progressive workplace learning strategies and programmes for companies here.
For more information, please visit www.nyp.edu.sg
About the National Centre of Excellence for Workplace Learning
Nanyang Polytechnic’s National Centre of Excellence for Workplace Learning (NACE) was established in 2018 to help companies, particularly Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore, level-up workplace learning systems and capability development. NACE tailors a structured and documented approach for companies to train their workers and address challenges systematically. Robust frameworks and blueprints are developed to help companies build a pool of trained manpower for better productivity.
For more information, please visit www.nace.edu.sg