The Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) has been appointed by Workforce Singapore (WSG) as the Programme Manager to administer the Career Conversion Programme (CCP) for Security Officers (SOs). The programme is structured to reskill or upskill their SOs to take on new or enhanced job roles via the Job Redesign Reskilling (“JRR”) modality.
||Job Redesign Reskilling (JRR)
Employers are to reskill or upskill their SOs through On-the-Job-Training (OJT) in any of the following areas:
- Operations Technology (Video Analytics, Visitor & Incident Management System, Deployment of Robots etc. that are supported under the Industry Digital Plan).
- Response and Safety (Emergency Response/ First-Aid, Fire Safety, Workplace Safety/ Risk Assessment).
- Facilities Management (Electrical, Plumbing, Lift & Escalator etc.).
- Infrastructure and Network Protection (Data Centre etc.).
- Other unique site requirements.
Programme duration is dependent on the complexity of the OJT plan:
- 1-month (176 hours of OJT).
- 2-month (352 hours of OJT).
|General eligibility criteria
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore with a valid Unique Entity Number (UEN) with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA);
- Licensed by Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD) or hire in-house security officers;
- Committed to Outcome-Based Contracting (OBC) including Hybrid Contracts; or Redesigning of SOs’ job roles;
- Must put in place structured OJT for the candidate;
- Submit Workforce Transformation Plan to SNEF for evaluation;
- Not conducting any retrenchment exercise in the next 12 months;
- Must seek candidates’ consensus before enrolling them for the CCP.
- Be a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) aged 21 years and above;
- Be holding the rank of Security Officer, Senior Security Officer (SSO), Security Supervisor (SS) or Senior Security Supervisor (SSS);
- Are employed by the participating company for at least 1 year at the point of application (SOs who directly join a security agency that takes over from the previous agency’s contracts for specific site(s), subject to a change of at least 50% of their job functions, may be considered);
- Must not be a shareholder of the CCP company, or its related companies.
- Must not be related to the owner(s) of the company.
- Must not be undergoing similar programmes funded by WSG concurrently.
Salary Support Funding:
Upon completion of the programme and having met all the training requirements, participating companies can also enjoy up to 90% salary support for each SO enrolled onto the CCP.
Up to 70% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $4,000 per month)
Up to 90% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $6,000 per month)
* For SC/PR trainees aged 40 years and above in the year of commencement of the CCP.
For more information or to apply, please contact us at:
Tel: 6827-6977 (Ext 3)