SAPPHIRE Masterclass: Organisation Design in Turbulent Times – Improving Business Performance for SMEs
|Date||01 Aug 2018, Wed|
|Time||08:30am to 05:30pm|
|Venue||(Royal Plaza on Scotts)|
|Fee||Fee for non-SME(SG/SPR): $600*; Fee for SME (SG/SPR): $200* ; Fee without funding: $1,500* (*Fees are before GST)|
Doing business in a digital world of algorithms, automation, artificial intelligence and non-stop disruption, organisations everywhere are being forced to operate in a fast-changing, high-speed environment. Business models are being challenged and trusted values questioned. Worse still, operational margins are severely depressed.
By attending this intensive 1-day Masterclass, participants will benefit from a leading international author, professor, consultant, professional board director with 27 years’ of experience in more than 10 countries. It is an intensive 8-hour Masterclass in Singapore, and some pre-reading work is required. This course is compressed to facilitate coverage and discussion on the application of topics covered in the book which Prof. Dr. Bussin wrote “Organisation Design for Uber Times”. (Note: Hardcopy of the book is included in the course fee.)
– Anticipate mega-trends and changes.
– Learn how to identify your organisation’s strategy, market position and where your organisation is in the business life cycle.
– Unpack well-known organisation design models, frameworks and processes.
– Learn how to design in this age of disruption.
– Understand the impact of robots and artificial intelligence on your organisation.
– Design jobs, as well as organisation layers, that match best practice organisation design.
– Implement the remuneration principles required to support this design.
– Understand what a high-performing organisation is.
1. Global Changes
2. Machines, Robots and Artificial Intelligence
3. Organisation Design vs Organisation Development – The Link
4. Organisation Strategy and Anticipating The Future – It All Starts Here
5. Structure Follows Strategy
6. Restructure or Reconfigure
7. Tried and Tested Organisation Designs and Frameworks
8. The Future Requires a New Operating Model – The Virtual Organisation
9. Work Design – How to Design the Job, Not Too Much and Not Too Little
10. Tall or Flat Structure
11. What is a High Performing Organisation?
12. Remuneration and Reward in High Performing Organisations
13. Metrics for Tracking Organisation Performance
14. Organisation Design in this Age of Disruption – Summary and Pulling It All Together