Essentials of HR for SMEs
|Date||17 Jul 2019, Wed|
|Time||09:00am to 05:00pm|
|Venue||SNEF Head Office (Paya Lebar Square)(60 Paya Lebar Road #13-45 Paya Lebar Square (Lobby 2), Singapore 409051)|
|Fee||$300.00 (before GST)|
This workshop focuses on helping SMEs build key foundational capabilities required for day to day HR strategic and operational duties. Participants will understand some basic HR laws and principles behind recruitment, manpower planning and performance management. To enable better decision making and cost savings, participants will also learn how data analytics may be applied in core HR processes.
HR practitioners, new HR officers and any personnel holding HR function in an SME.
1. Introduction to Singapore Labour Market and HR Challenges
– Overview of manpower trends in Singapore
– Overview of Basic Labour Laws and role of HR in SMEs
– Common challenges faced by HR in SMEs
2. Recruitment and Selection
– Importance of good recruitment
– Overview of recruitment process
– Recruitment channels, shortlisting & interviewing
– Tips on writing a job advertisement
– Sources of recruitment for SMEs in Singapore
– Good interviewing practices
– Selecting, making an offer and on-boarding
– Pre-offer processes
– Effective on-boarding practices for SMEs
– Employment of foreign manpower for SMEs
– Applying HR analytics in recruitment
3. Manpower Planning
– Demand and supply of manpower – local and foreigners
– Benefits of planning for manpower
– SME manpower planning framework
– Analysing current and future business demand
– Budget and resourcing
– Manpower trends and impact on HRM in SMEs
– Determining manpower needs and costings
4. Performance Management
– Purpose of performance management
– Developing a performance management process in SMEs
– Developing an appraisal form
– Guidelines on conducting a performance appraisal
– Guidelines on crafting Performance Improvement Plan
– Crafting a development framework for employee
– Terminating a non-performing employee
– Current trends in performance management
Mix of lectures, discussions, case studies and analytics.
Participants will need to bring a working laptop, installed with Ms Excel. Participants are also recommended to install free analytics software called R and Gretl.
1) Mr Kee Chia Choon is the Director for Energy & Utilities, Pharmaceutical & Health Science and General Manufacturing cluster. He advises companies on HR & IR matters, and conducts foundational training on all critical HC domains for beginning HR personnel. His general interest and expertise lies in recruitment and performance management.
2) Mr Freddy Liew is an award recipient of the SNEF STEPHEN LEE AWARD for leadership development in Tripartism and Industrial Relations. His areas of expertise include HR analytics, compensation and benefits, work measurement and labour-management relations. Prior to SNEF, Freddy worked with a top HR consulting firm where he provided HR consultancy services for Fortune 500 companies.
Please click here for the event registration.
Enquiries: June Wong / 6827 6924 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org