Employment Regulations for Part-Time Employees
|Date||15 Nov 2019, Fri|
|Time||09:00am to 12:30pm|
|Venue||Meeting Room 7 & 8, Level 13, SNEF@PLS(60 Paya Lebar Road, #13-45 Paya Lebar Square, Lobby 2, Singapore 409051)|
|Fee||Full Fee (incl. 7% GST) - (Member - $214.00), (Non-Member - $321.00)|
This half-day workshop covers the legal do’s and don’ts in hiring and managing part-time employees, who are loosely called as “casual labour” or “contractors” in some workplaces.
The workshop will emphasize on the correct interpretation and application of the Employment (Part-time Employees) Regulations along with other related employment laws such as Child Development Co-savings Act and CPF Act.
Discussions at the workshop would bring participants through the mathematics of pro-rating a part-time employee’s statutory benefits, as well as anticipated situational issues.
Managers, executives and supervisors who hire and/or
manage part-time and casual employees.
Mix of lectures, discussions and sharing of practical examples
Ms Ang Poh Inn is Director, Industrial and Workplace Relations Division, SNEF.
– Difference between “full-time employee” and “similar full-time employee”
– Mandatory key terms of employment of a part-time employee
– When and how is overtime and work on rest day payable
– When and how is non-work and work on public holidaypayable
– How to pro-rate and incorporate annual leave and/or public holiday into salary
– How to pro-rate mandatory leave, including pro-family leave
– Other statutory employer obligations e.g. itemised payslips, medical expenses
– Practical do’s and don’ts for employers
Please click here for the event registration.
If you are arriving by MRT, please alight at Paya Lebar MRT station (East-West line) and proceed to Paya Lebar Square (PLS) Office Lobby 2 (facing the SingPost Centre).
If you are driving, please park at PLS car park and take the retail lift to level one of the shopping mall, and proceed to PLS Office Lobby 2.
Please bring along this letter as proof of purpose of visit, and you would need to exchange for an access card to the SNEF office.