Bite-Size Solutioning Workshop on : Workplace Harassment – How to Identify, Prevent and Manage
60 Paya Lebar Road
#13-45 Paya Lebar Square - Lobby 2
TRUE or FALSE? : Thanks to COVID-19, work-from-home has become the default mode of working. So HR can care less about workplace harassment (WH).
FALSE. WH does not have to happen at the physical workplace. It can be on-line, off-line behaviours, practically any form of work-related inappropriate conduct.
TRUE or FALSE? : WH prevention is a “HR thing”. So only HR needs to learn and do something about it.
FALSE. WH prevention is a “leadership thing”, and concerns every manager and employee in the organisation.
This workshop is to equip HR, Managers and Supervisors with the knowledge to identify, prevent and manage harassing behaviours. And more importantly, how to respond appropriately when an alleged WH incident is reported.
Guidance is based on reported incidents in the media, prevailing Singapore laws, as well as the Tripartite Advisory on Managing Workplace Harassment issued by the Ministry of Manpower, Singapore National Employers Federation, and National Trades Union Congress.
Managers, Executives and Supervisors are strongly encouraged to attend this workshop.
Mix of lectures and case studies e.g. sexual harassment, after-hours work communication.
Ms Ang Poh Inn is the Director, Industrial and Workplace Relations, SNEF. She is also a Tripartite Mediation Advisor appointed by the Minister for Manpower.
Ms Clariz Ang is the Assistant Director and HR/IR Consultant, Industrial and Workplace Relations, SNEF. She is also a Tripartite Mediation Advisor appointed by the Minister for Manpower.
- What do workplace harassing behaviours look like
- What may be work-from-home harassing behaviours
- What are the potential risk factors
- What is the likely outcome of unchecked and repeated harassing behaviours
- Why “harassed” employees and bystanders are usually reluctant to report the harassing incidents
- How do the Protection from Harassment Act (POHA) and the Penal Code protect
- What are the principles, policies and procedures to prevent and manage workplace harassment
- What are other pre-emptive measures