Transition of Leadership and People Management (LPM) WSQ to Skills Framework (SFw)
Transition Period: 18 months from 1 April 2019 to 30 September 2020
• Each LPM WSQ Skills Standard (SS) is mapped to a Technical Skills and Competencies (TSC) across IP (SFw) and Retail (SF), at the corresponding levels.
• Existing LPM qualifications’ titles and module bundling will be retained.
• Trainees who have commenced studies of qualification programmes accredited to SS are to complete the programmes within the 18-month transition period. Trainees will be awarded qualifications based on existing SS codes.
• SNEF will offer LPM WSQ modules (SS) till 31 December 2019.
• SNEF will offer LPM WSQ modules under SFw from 1 January 2020.
• There should not be any WSQ courses based on SS from LPM WSQ Framework from 1 October 2020.
For more information, visit SSG Website:
The LPM competencies covered are critical skill sets for PMETs. Employers are highly encouraged to send their employees to the relevant modules.
SNEF offers selected LPM Level 5 (3 out of 6 core units), level 4 (4 out of 6 core units) and level 3 (5 out of 6 core units), as shown below. A participant will not be able to acquire a qualification with just the selected Core units and 2 Elective units at SNEF. However, the participant can check the availability of the remaining core unit(s) with other training providers if he/she wishes to secure a qualification. The elective units can be obtained from within the same level as the qualification or taken 1 level above or below that level.
LPM level 5 (core units) – Target audience: department heads, deputy directors and senior managers:
● Foster Business Relationships to Facilitate Change
● Leadership for Results
LPM level 4 (core units) – Target audience: managers:
●Cultivate Workplace Relationships to Optimise Team Performance
● Leading Teams Toward Organisational Excellence
● Manage Team Success
● The Facilitative Leader of Self-Managed Teams
LPM level 3 (core units) – Target audience: supervisors, assistant managers and team leaders::
● Achieve Result Through Your Team
● Build Positive Team Relationships
● Creative Leadership and Self Development Skills
● Implement Innovative Change
● Powerup Your People Through Encouragement
Important note: There are 2 types of training which you can choose under “Creative Leadership and Self Development Skills”
: 2-day classroom training
: Blended learning which include 1-hour of pre-course e-learning and 1-day classroom training (you may click here to view a portion of the e-learning module)