Transition of Leadership and People Management (LPM) WSQ to Skills Framework (SFw)
Transition Period: 18 months from 1 April 2019 to 30 September 2020
• Each LPM WSQ Skills Standard (SS) is mapped to a Technical Skills and Competencies (TSC) across IP (SFw) and Retail (SF), at the corresponding levels.
• Existing LPM qualifications’ titles and module bundling will be retained.
• Trainees who have commenced studies of qualification programmes accredited to SS are to complete the programmes within the 18-month transition period. Trainees will be awarded qualifications based on existing SS codes.
• SNEF will offer LPM WSQ modules (SS) till 31 December 2019.
• SNEF will offer LPM WSQ modules under SFw from 1 January 2020.
• There should not be any WSQ courses based on SS from LPM WSQ Framework from 1 October 2020.
For more information, visit SSG Website:
The Leadership & People Management (LPM) WSQ framework provides a leadership development roadmap for leaders. It enables you to enhance your leadership and people management skills and gain recognition of your competencies through competency based training within a nationally recognised framework. From 1 January 2020, SNEF will offer LPM Level 5 (3 out of 6 core units), LPM level 4 (5 out of 6 core units) and LPM level 3 (6 core units) under Skills Framework, as shown below.
LPM level 5 (core units) – Target audience: department heads, deputy directors and senior managers:
● Foster Business Relationships to Facilitate Change
● Leadership for Results
LPM level 4 (core units) – Target audience: managers:
●Cultivate Workplace Relationships to Optimise Team Performance
● Enable Leadership in People
● Leading Teams Toward Organisational Excellence
● Manage Team Success
● The Facilitative Leader of Self-Managed Teams
LPM level 3 (core units) – Target audience: supervisors, assistant managers and team leaders::
● Achieve Result Through Your Team
● Build Positive Team Relationships
● Creative Leadership and Self Development Skills
● Implement Innovative Change
● Powerup Your People Through Encouragement
● Support Your Team Creatively
Important note: There are 2 types of training which you can choose under “Creative Leadership and Self Development Skills”
: 2-day classroom training
: Blended learning which include 1-hour of pre-course e-learning and 1-day classroom training (you may click here to view a portion of the e-learning module)